2018 Compensation & Benefits Workshop
Because Space for Life
Wednesday October 3rd 2018 7:30 am – 12:00 pm
When employees feel satisfied and valued in their roles, they’ll be more engaged and motivated to work harder and deliver top results.
At the 2018 Comp & Benefits Workshop, HR thought leaders and experts will touch on aspects of Total Rewards – from compensation, to work-life effectiveness and benefits, including pay equity and paid time off. You’ll walk away with practical tips and new strategies to ultimately create breakthrough performance throughout your company.
7:30 - 8:15am
Continental Breakfast, Registration, Network, Meet Vendors
8:15 - 8:30am
8:30 - 10:00am
How to Become a Compensation Nerd
Does compensation mystify you? Well, you're not alone. Join your fellow generalists on a journey to understand compensation basics and some strategic approaches to forming your company's pay practices. In this workshop you will learn:
· The eight questions to answer before you start solving your compensation issues.
· How to think about and use survey data
· How to structure your base pay into grades and ranges
10:00 - 10:15am
Break with Vendors
10:15 - 11:45am
Winning at Total Rewards: How to HIGH FIVE your Total Rewards program!
A 90-minute tour of the FIVE Total Rewards components that will make your TR program successful. In this workshop you will learn:
· Review the foundation of Total Rewards and the FIVE key components that make up a great TR program
· For each of the FIVE key components, a quick look at best practices and how to set up that part of your TR plan if you don’t already have it
· Resources to help assist in the setup and maintenance of the FIVE key components
11:45 - 12:00pm
Wrap Up, Raffle Prizes
· Evaluate your organization’s existing total rewards strategy using current trend information.
· Discover new strategies to build a “Best Place to Work” culture that attracts and retains the best and brightest talent.
· Determine how to influence your organization’s success by learning real-world and practical solutions to your top business and HR challenges.
· Understand why engaging employees is the path to profitability and business growth and how to use employee engagement as the ultimate competitive advantage.
· Develop an impactful total rewards strategy with help from peer insights and analytics and learn how to communicate your offerings, so employees understand the value.
· Network with more than 150 HR professionals who are responsible for compensation and benefits plans and strategies.
Meet Our Speakers
is a Total Rewards Expert with Televerde. Sheila M Krueger is what is referred to as a “seasoned” professional. Not only is she tender and juicy, she’s got over 20 years of practical and strategic experience in the Total Rewards arena. Starting with a stint selecting and installing an HRIS system (when she didn’t even know what HRIS stood for), to overseeing Total Rewards programs for companies of 200, 750, and 3500 employees, Sheila has heard all the stories and survived to tell the tales.